Website development is fun as well as challenging. There are various types of web development projects in market from large scale to small. Ecommerce websites carry a lot of potential in terms of generating profit to the business but also brings in a lot of challenges. Below are some of the tips to the developers to consider while designing ecommerce websites.
1. WEBSITE SECURITY
Making the eCommerce website secured is very essential. Customers always fear to do transactions online due to various potential information hacks and leaks that occur. Users will be providing their personal information as well as their credit card information. It is the responsibility of the eCommerce developers to keep the users information all secured.
Therefore, developers should ensure that the SSL is implemented and compliant by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) mandated by the card brands and administered by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.
2. WEBSITE PERFORMANCE
Customers like the websites to be fast and performing the tasks quickly. They tend to move away from the website is slow and not performing well to quickly wrap up their task on the website. Professional developers need to make the website’s performance optimized in order to keep the customers engaging and happy.
– Programmers need to consider caching to reduce the time spent sending data between the web server and the database server.
– Developers need to compress the images used in the website that will reduce the website load time and download time.
– Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the essential aspects to consider while developing eCommerce websites. This will help increase the visibility of website when customers search any keywords through search engines.
3. WEBSITE DESIGN
Customers tend to use multiple devices to access websites these days. Laptops, mobile phones, tablets, being top in that list. So, developers need to make sure that the eCommerce website they are designing are accessible and usable through all the devices. Making the website responsive to all the devices is very essential.
Developers need to consider the screen resolution of different devices and make sure the websites are auto adjusted as per the respective devices. There are various website themes that developers can use which are responsive to any devices.
4. EASY CHECKOUTS
There are so many eCommerce websites online. Customers tend to use so many platforms to shop online and buy products. One of the essential steps to buy online is checkout. Some websites require customers to open an account to checkout and some websites do not.
Developers need to consider the fact that not all the users like to open an account online on each of the platforms. So, it is recommended to implement easy checkout options, as guest checkout, so that customers who don’t like to open an account online can quickly checkout. It is better to have both the options provided.
5. PRODUCT IMAGE AND DESCRIPTION
Customers heavily depend on the images and description of the products provided in the eCommerce platforms. Clarity and detailed information are always essential of eCommerce website. Below are some of the tips to the developers to consider.
– Post high definition images that show the product through different dimensions.
– Provide full description of the product including dimensions, color, condition, make, model, etc.
– Provide warranty and return/exchange policies in detail.